View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 08:28 PM   #5
davidson6
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Help sudden aggression

You are right he is not use to children but my daughter is VERY calm and timid. My other children are in their teens. At first we thought it might be over stimulation and tried to give him appropriate rest time but tonight just really shocked me. He was really enjoining it and we were all quiet and calm. My daughter has never hit him and we have never before but this time he would not stop going after her and then tried to bite my son and husband who was trying to pick him up and remove him. The whole time we were sternly, in a deep voice saying "no bear" and "stop bear" and my daughter was certainly shrill in her screaming and crying. Tonight he will sleep in his crate but he usually picks her bed to sleep in. She is too afraid right now.

No, we did not take him to the vet because he actually had been turned over to a Yorkie Rescue House with all his papers ect. and they had just taken him to the vet and gotten him all squared away. He was only there a few days at the most. They did not have any kids but they had at least 25 Yorkies with free range in their home so it was loud!!!!!

We so do not want to give him up. He is perfect in every other way and again he really seems to favor her but she still has a bad bruise from a bite a few days after we got him.

If you can't put him in "time-out" in the crate what do you do to discipline?

Thanks for your help!
davidson6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!