Thread: Fear snapping
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Default Fear snapping

My moms rescue she has had for two years is really a great dog but he does have some issues. He gets really scared when we go into places and it literally scares the poo out of him he is 100% potty trained and is not sniffing for a spot to go he is just going as soon as we are in the door. This has gotten a lot better by just exposing him to going into stores and stuff more. But we have a problem that I don't think we are going to be able to fix our selves. He seems to snap at dogs when they get right in his face not biting them just growling and snapping his teeth together we tell him no and pull him out of the situation. He has never snapped at Callie or my moms two beagles that he lives with. I really feel that this is fear related because in his second home he was beat up on by another dog. We would like to work on this because Callie loves dog parks and I love to go to pet expos and pet stores with them. He never snaps at people or kids he loves them both so much. I just don't know if there is something I can do to work on this or if I need to find a trainer? If I need to find a trainer what are the things I need to look for in a trainer? What methods are bad for a yorkie or for any dog?
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!