View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 07:05 PM   #21
CrimsonLuvsLola
Senior Yorkie Talker

Well, my Yorkie story goes like this:
My mom had gone out to do some important errand with her best friend, so I babysat her friends grandkids. (She is raising them). They were gone pretty much the whole day and I was exhausted by the time they came back. It threw me off when they got back though, when Susan came in through the garage instead of the front door like usual. My mom also wasn't with her. She very secretly told me that mom needed me in my room and it was very important and didn't want the kids (then 6 and 3) to know about it, as it would upset them. Her face was very grave and I immediately was upset. My mom knew I wanted a Yorkie but we couldn't afford one and couldn't find anything about rescues in my area. I went back to my room and saw a blanket piled on my bed and for some reason thought my mom had hit a dog. She had been hiding behind my door. I started looking under the blanket and saw nothing there. Mom told me to turn around and there was Lola, only 6 weeks old, in her arms. She had a little yellow bow in her hair and she was tiny. I burst into tears and took her into my arms immediately. We bonded on sight. We've only been apart once, and that was exceptionally painful. Mom passed away from cancer a little over 2 years later. I took care of her alone and arranged everything on my own. My dogs (I had 6 at the time) were my only company. They got me through everything. I now live over 2000 miles away, with Lola and Sammy my Labrador. My other 4 dogs were split up. My poodle went to a good home for someone who preferred elderly dogs, my sister took her dog (who is actually living with me now), and I left my beloved German Shepherd and Maltese in the care of my sister. She left them with the people who were to rent out my old house (which I couldn't afford). They never paid a cent, my sister lost the house to the bank (she never paid a cent or took the house out of my name after I signed it to her) and the dogs, my precious babies, suffered and died horrible deaths. They were left to starve in the back yard, no food or water. Both vanished and no one knows exactly what happened, only that they are both presumed dead. I know they will be waiting for me with my mom and all my other lost pets on the other side of the rainbow bridge, but it hurts that they're gone. My furkids are my strength and so is my DH.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!