View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 06:10 PM   #13
Buster Brown
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dionysios5 View Post
Thanks for all your replies

We Have a step for her To Get into bed , I also had one for the couch but she prefers jumping straight onto it given it's pretty low

They did not offer to draw blood they simply looked at her eyes for signs of a seizure I think

Then they tried to look in her ear but could not identify the problem she then sAid that the swelling of the drum can be hard to see in such a small dog do she opted for the antibiotics

Her back legs are being used now which is nice, she still seems disoriented n head tilt and falling over still an issue

I also noticed she does not like stepping on the cold tile in the bathroom where her food n pipi pad are perhaps this is pointing more to her being sick hopefully n not neurological

My spouse is especially stressed if there are no improvements in the next 48 we will bring her to another vet

My zoey thanks you all and would give you kisses if she could
I am so sorry to hear that Zooey is having multiple problems and hope you are able to find out what is causing her issues. For me I would not wait 48 hours. I would take Zoey to an emergency vet for a second opinion and defintiely set up an appointment with a neurologist. They did not draw blood, your vet tried to look in the ear but it was too small, and only did a visual check of the eyes for a seizure. So no real intensive diagnostic tests were done for a definitive diagnosis. I am no vet and mean no disrespect to your vet but just giving antibiotics seems a bit like a bandaid treatment for some very serious symptoms. I hope you will reconsider and take her in sooner than later. I hope everything turns out ok and wish Zoey and her Mom and Dad all the best. Please keep us updated on her and let her know that Buster sends her kisses and hopes she is feeling better soon.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!