View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 04:13 PM   #10
deonk1
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDB View Post
At 42 I've known for a long time that money should be the least of your worries. You are young and have plenty of time to make money. You really have to just try saying "no" once, and you'll find it gets easier when you do it again.

I've been so broke it would make a person cry. I was in debt up to my eyeballs when I was younger. Now I'm 42 and have no money worries at all. You do NEED to make time for yourself, or YOU suffer for it.

Try one "NO", just one, and see how it feels!

The first time I said no it was to my mother-in-law when she asked me to bake something for a dinner she was putting on (probably 15 yrs ago). I didn't have time, and I even offered to buy something instead. She was so shocked, and she got REALLY mad. But that was my first step, and at this point I have no problem saying "NO" to anyone.
Yes my mother has been my first "no" usually ends up in us not talking for weeks. We used to run a business together and I walked out 3 years ago. She still keeps trying to call me for horse advice (was a horse business). I got that one down, lol. That was definitely the hardest no, cause I walked away from my net worth, and lost alot of money. Had I not done that I would likely be in the loonie bin, but not broke. But at least I have my sanity... for now at least....

now to say no to everyone else who offers me jobs this semester... lol. Clearly I didn't mess up the networking 101 class :P
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!