View Single Post
Old 01-15-2006, 03:12 PM   #7
Gina1978
BANNED!

I think he looks like a yorkie too The long snout doesnt mean hes a silky at all because,ok..Yorkies are supposed to have the shorter snout and of course weigh 7lbs,but there are LOTS of yorkies out there that are over 7lbs and have long snouts and that doesnt make them any less yorkies at all,it just means they dont meet the standard.
My two are waaaaaaaay off the standard! lol,but they are 100% yorkies and I love them to peices even though they arent standard "perfect".Firstly,both of mine have a coat that doesnt grow AT ALL,its stayed at 3 inches long (even though the texture is wonderful).Secondly,Jess has a looooong snout too.Lady (who is 2 years old) weighs a whopping 2lbs...and last but not least,they are very long bodied and their backs arent dead straight at all.
If I had to go by what the books say on how a yorkie "should" be in order to meet the standard and be "perfect",then I think that I have a couple of mutts! lol.
There is a rule of thumb on how they are supposed to look,but it wouldent be fun if they all looked the same now would it? (same weight,same colour,same size etc) Lets just say that our babies are little rebels with personality!
Gina1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!