View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 09:28 AM   #3
MorkieMomma
Inactive Account

Hi there,

Admittedly, I am definitely *not* a Yorkie expert, but I have experience with tiny dogs.

I would first and foremost purchase, or build, two sets of pet steps. One leading up to your bed and another leading up to the couch. Tiny dogs, especially the weight you describe, should not be jumping off and on couches and beds.

They're really easy to construct. My husband made ours from plywood and plush carpet for around twenty dollars (we had the extra carpet already).

If not, like I said you can purchase them. PetCo has some here, as does PetSmart. I'm sure you could even order some online.

They're VERY easy for your pet to get used to, and it's fairly easy to train them to use them.

I'm definitely not pinpointing her injury/illness to jumping off and on your couch and bed, but I do know that its really dangerous to let them do that, as it can easily cause injury of the skeletal and muscular system, as well as host of internal issues.

I pray someone here will be able to assist you in regard to her symptoms and possible causes, and that your Zoey is feeling MUCH better, very very soon.

Last edited by MorkieMomma; 01-05-2012 at 09:29 AM.
MorkieMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!