View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 08:48 AM   #1
dionysios5
Yorkie Talker

Default 2.8 pound yorkie needs our help

Her name is Zoey, shes 2.8 pounds and is 18 months old.

Since winter started she has not been outside except when in the car when we visit family.

She gets plenty of exercise, her favorite game is catch and given her size our 4 1/2 apartment is more than enough for her to run around chasing the ball and tire herself out.
She is always jumping onto the couch and getting on the top cushion to look outside the window at her sworn enemies, the squirrels.

DAY 1: She started running funny, her back right leg was not being used, looked like a limp. She could no longer jump onto the bed or the couch.

I though maybe it was something caught between her toes or some long hairs, but that was not the case.

DAY 2: The next day she started tilting her head to one side, and then falling over when she walked. always on the same side as if her balance was affected.

DAY 3: The next day it got worse and she puked on my sister in law so we decided to take her to the vet.

They could not give us a definite answer so they prescribed antibiotics in case its an ear infection.

Later that evening we noticed an improvement in her rear leg function and the tilting was reduced.

DAY 4: The next day the symptoms came back and now I want to know if anyone has experienced this and how long before we start seeing some improvements.

Other things ive noted :

She pukes 3-4 hours after takign her pill, baytril 15mg. The vet said we had to keep her on this pill for 2 weeks and then another 4 after that if she gets better.

Appetite is reduced but i sill find her poop so shes definitely eating.

Has not been able to jump since Day 1.

Zoey is greatful for any help
dionysios5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!