View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 10:37 PM   #5
PattiNumber_H
No Longer a Member

Bubba is 13 weeks old, and ever since (2 weeks ago) we put him on a strict feeding schedule, same amount of food, at the same times everyday, his "movements" have been more predictable/scheduled. He has improved tremendously, but I still keep an accurate time chart of Bubba's "successes", this makes it very easy for us if he is making a #2 every 5.5-6.5 hours, I have an idea of what he needs to be doing when I take him outside. He eats at 7:30a, 12:00p, 5:00p, and no water after 8:30p. Also, his potty area outside is a 4'x4' penned off area, keeps him from getting distracted.

I understand hypoglycemia is a very common issue with yorkie puppies, and scheduled feedings may not be an option, I would check with your vet to see if this is practical for your pup.

I wish you the very best of luck, potty training these little ones is really tough. Even with all the schedules, Bubba still has an accident every now and then, and I have to be very understanding, his bladder is just so small and he is still learning control.
PattiNumber_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!