View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 07:40 PM   #12
My Ladybug
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina21 View Post
Thank you for sharing your story. I am so sorry to hear about your losses. I too have lost a loved one to cancer (cousin at age 38) and I lost both of my parents who died in a car accident when I was 23. There is nothing harder than losing someone you love.

As for my story, I wasn't looking for another dog as I already had a dog and a daughter with a serious illness that was taking most of my time. My oldest daughter however really wanted a dog of her own and decided on a Yorkie. We researched the breed together and she found a terrific breeder located in Toronto. So we went to the breeders and after a lenghty interview to make sure that she was going to a good home Chloe was hers.

Well of course I fell in love with the little girl. My DD was spending a great deal of time out of the house. We live in a more rural area without bus access and she was spending a few days and nights a week with friends in the city. So I was caring for Chloe and every day becoming more and more attached.

I became very sick with a bad virus and was in bed for over a week. Chloe was by my side the whole time. I was told that she would go out for a pottie break, grab some food and water and then was right back in bed with me. Once I was up and feeling a bit better my DD came into my room to tell me that Chloe was now my dog. She said that there was no way that she could take Chloe away from me. She said that it would be cruel to me and to Chloe. I actually started to cry. It was such an amazing gift. My DD spent a HUGE amount of money on Chloe and wouldn't even allow me to offer to give her a dime.

Chloe is now a little over two years old and I cant begin to express how loved she is or how much joy she brings to my life. I have never had a bond with an animal like I have with her. She waits for me at the front door when I am gone and follows me all around the house. She is funny and spunky with a wonderful personality and is so affectionate. I feel blessed to have such a great little dog!

So thats how I came to be the proud mommy of a sweet little Yorkie. I don't know if it qualifies as a great one but my daughters act of incredible kindness sure made me feel great
Thank you for sharing. I started to tear up reading your story. It sounds like you have an incredibly loving daughter. She values your happiness and the bond you formed with her dog. I'm so glad that you have Chloe to love!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!