View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 06:37 PM   #1
MorkieMomma
Inactive Account

Default Grrrr..blood after poopin again (graphic)

Hi,

When I picked up Bella's doodee tonight there was a drop of blood (very tiny) mixed with mucus. She had the same problem for the first three days after we brought her home. I have her shot records right in front of me and she's UTD (last one tomorrow).

When we took her to the vet the first time around he said she was a very healthy little puppy, just tiny. I asked about the blood spot I saw, and he said that they are emotional creatures, and that it was probably just nerves from the home switching and the car ride home, etc. But, he did put a blue 'thing' in her rectum and checked for worms and/or eggs. She was clean.

She hasn't had any blood-tainted spots after she poopees ever since (about 3 weeks now we've had her)...until tonight. It looked the same as it had that day we took her in. Once again, I called the vet alarmed (as I think any puppy parent would be).

Questions I was asked:

Is she lethargic? -- No
Is she eating? -- Yes, like a piggy as usual.
Is she getting fresh water? -- of course
Is she playful? - Yes
Is she acting differently than normal? -- No
Is she vomiting? -- No

After explaining that we did have a foster pup in our house (who is also UTD on shots and dewormed), I was told she was probably just going through a reaction to having a new plaything in the house, and to watch her BMs for a couple of days. If it continues or gets worse, bring her in.

I'm skeptical of this answer I keep getting.

Well, tonight, after playing like a fiend for most of the afternoon (stopping for drinks and treats and food)...I picked her up to give her kissies and noticed her nose was wetter than normal, so I took her under a light and looked at it. It looks fine..but looks watery...and while she was under the light she sneezed.

Her eyes are clear and they're not running...she's not acting weird (apart from looking at me like I'm crazy).

Do I get a second opinion from another vet, or do I do what my vet said and "watch her"

I don't believe a puppy is supposed to get a blood-tainted drop after poopin' just because something 'new' is in the house...that doesn't make sense to me.

There is a 24 hour emergency vet clinic (somewhat) close to us...should I take her there or am I flipping pancakes before I pour the batter?
MorkieMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!