View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 06:30 PM   #9
Patti
Donating YT 30K Club Member

Great story! I got my first yorkie back in 1970 after I graduated HS. I loved long hair on everything and everybody lol. I wanted an Afghan hound and my parents said no way. I talked them in to a Yorkie. My Dad RIP was an animal lover and we were pretty good at talking him into getting us pets, from horn toads to a marmoset monkey. So I saw an add in the paper for a male yorkie puppy. I took my last 50.00 out of the bank and my Dad drove me a few towns over to "look" at the puppy. I had zero experience in purchasing a dog. So when they brought out Karma I fell in love not bothering to notice he was pretty big for a yorkie pup. Well Karma grew to 18 lbs, had a shorter
curly coat and floppy ears. He was the toughest little dog in the neighborhood. I moved out when he was 5 and my Dad was so attached to him I left him with my parents. Karma passed at 13 years of age and it was the first time I had seen my Dad cry. He built a little shrine to Karma on his dresser. Until the day he died, 41 years after Karma came in to our lives he still talked about Karma. He would always laugh at his antics like peeing on my BF suede shoes one time when he came over, taking on the white German Shepherd next door ( a gentle giant), and wiggly his butt in between my Mom and Dad when they were sitting on the couch. After I moved out I lasted one year without a yorkie and went an got Zorro. Ever since I've been hooked on Yorkies.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!