View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #12
pawever Yorkie
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwind30 View Post
I had to go back to work today after being at home for two weeks. I set up a voice activated recorder; This was a rare day when I was able to get home for lunch (normally not able to leave work because I am a teacher). From 8 AM to 11:30 AM no barking. From 12:45 to aprx 2:45 two minutes worth of barking. I have no idea what he was barking at because the blinds were shut. Because the recorder is voice activated I can't tell if the barking was two continuous minutes or two minutes spread out. Either way it doesnt seem to me that two minutes is very much over a period of two hours. But, that is just me and I guess I am a little prejudice. I am hoping this entire issue is just going to go away. But, I want to have a back up plan in case it doesn't. I don't want to use the bark collars on him. Does anyone have any information on the machine that emits a high frequency tone when the barking happens? Does it do damage to their ears? How dangerous is it? Does it work?
I always leave the radio on for him...he just loves looking out of the window and watching the people pass by.
Please let me know if you have any ideas.
Thanks for listening!

I'm glad you recorded him. where I am in NYC, excessive barking is 10min continuous barking from 7am to 10pm, and 5min from 10pm to 7am. So even in NYC where you can hear everyone, he's not excessive barker. I had bark elimitator in my house, and it worked for little while, but babies got use to it, so they are not bothered by it any more.
Just in case, keep the recording, so that you can prove that your baby is not excessive barker. (you can buy 12hr~24hr non stop video/audio recorder on ebay under $100)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!