View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 01:28 PM   #5
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorkieMomma View Post
Well now I'm reallly confused.

I've been sheltering Bella and not taking her outside because she's not finished with her shot series yet. She goes in this Thursday for her last one, and that will be her last set apart from Rabies, and the vet will not give her a rabies shot until she's 6 months old.

Well...a few other members said I shouldn't be sheltering her like that and should be taking her outside.

Now I'm being told the same thing I thought...don't do it til she's had all of her shots.

...now I don't know what do to. ::twists head around and around::
You're right about the rabies shot, don't get it before 6 months and never get it with any other shots. As far as socialization, it's confusing, Joey's breeder told me to introduce Joey to as many new things as possible the first 6 months or so, take him everywhere and expose him to everything I could. However, being around other dogs and more importantly their poop, should only take place about two weeks after last shot or around 18 weeks of age. So, it kind of depends on your neighborhood and how many dogs are walking in the area, and if people clean up the poop. Dogs will sniff everything and especially poop, so thats where you have to be careful. Also, it sure seems like puppies will eat everything so walking where you have clean sidewalks is good. Does that make things more confusing or less?

Join today and remove this ad!