View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 09:09 PM   #13
PatriciaLord
Yorkie Yakker

Animal Smiley 036 Raw doggie food.

I had to hand feed Emma when she was a baby, she was so picky. The breeder had her on Spots Stew, a dry food that is supposed to be healthy. One afternoon we were visiting at a friends house and we stayed longer than I anticipated and Emma needed to eat...my friend said she can have some of Izzies food. I cringed when she opened a tray of Caesars and gave her a couple of tablespoons of it. Now she wanted wet food. I went through many different kinds of organic, all natural, grain free. We were changing dog foods weekly! I found Stella & Chewy's Raw and purchased bison, duck and a couple of other ones in frozen pattys. Put a patty in a snack sized zip lock in the fridge to thaw and feed it to her the next day. She got tired of it. I got samples of Stella & Chewy's Raw freeze dried. It is made with farm raised meats plus fruit and vegetables. No grain, added hormones or antibiotics or artificial preservatives, sugar, salt or coloring. She loves it! I don't have to worry about it going bad... My very finicky bengal cats became use to seeing it and smelling it every day and eventually tried it, now they are on the diet also. Occasionally I give her a tablespoon or so of a wonderful wet food called paw licken chicken by a company called WERUVA. It is human grade food. I only shop at a whole food dog store, the reason for this is I lost my mini schnauzer Annie of 16 years to pancreatitis and I feel she would have avoided this if she didn't eat the junk at the pet stores. My very strong opinion only.. I don't mean to challenge others points of view. My friend at the beginning of this story...her dog had food allergies,she itched and her hair started to fall out. The vet put her on steroids and special diet (science diet physicians formula.) The girl vomits and is over weight now. From personal experience I would send you to the web sites for both of those companies. Your baby will be so healthy you won't believe it. My girl has been happy to eat this for the last 6 months, I change flavors and she loves it. She can growl at the kitties if they get fed first!
PatriciaLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!