View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 06:56 PM   #7
PattiNumber_H
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieMiki View Post
Thank you guys. That reassures me a lot.

I hope he will grow out of this. Any other advice or stories about your own puppies would be very appreciated.

I'm just wondering if I should be keeping him at my side or in the same room most of the time OR should I be training him to be comfortable alone as I have been trying with him crying away from me?

At what point could I leave him for longer periods and for how long? He's only 13 and half weeks old. I'm a man and I've been walking around with him in a bag a lot hahaha. But I'm fine with this at least for now.

I just don't want to cause him long term trauma...the crying is pretty hard.
Also I'm afraid my neighbors will start complaining when I eventually have to leave him for longer as he grows. i'm in a very dense apartment.!
I have wondered the very same thing. My new pup Bubba would get a cry going so loud it sounded like a seagull

I find that talking to them as much as possible helps. No baby talk, just a conversation. I know it seems strange, but it is soothing to them. Especially talking while you leave the room and praising them when you return if there hasn't been any whining. Start small. My boys get to hear about everything, where I went, what I am making for lunch, a news story I've just read, a chat with my mom. They are my furry buddies I'm no expert on this, but it may be worth trying.
PattiNumber_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!