View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 01:33 PM   #1
rebeccaalouise
Yorkie Talker

Unhappy Refuses to learn toilet training

Hello!

Sadly my Harri is just not getting the hang of toilet training! He's 5 months old now and just refuses to learn!

When we brought him home at 8weeks, i wasn't very well and i spent lots of time training him and he was perfect! However when i went back to college, through my own fault, i didn't keep up the training as well as i should have.

He used to use his potty mats and he would sit by the door to let us know he wanted to go out for a poo, yet now he just goes where ever.
In my room, he has mats, and he is getting more used to using them, but downstairs he just is resilient.

I correct him after he's done wrong, and show him where the right place to go is, i've tried punishing him through ignoring him and isolation but nothing works.

I know i have to watch him like a hawk, but sometimes other things take priority, i take my eye off him for one minute, then its already been done and i havent had time to intercept.

His feeding pattern is typical and at a set time, so you should be able to estimate when he will need to go, however after he eats, he doesn't go for 1 or maybe 2 hours. It is at a completely random time, recently, ive stopped him going in the kitchen (because this was where most of the accidents happen), and now he can't go where he likes, but still he sneaks in or hides it.

We take him out every 20 mins, and put him on his matt regularly but he still doesn't listen.

I am getting a bit upset though, i just feel really responsible for him doing this, its not his fault, but my family are not interested at all in helping me.

They shout at Harri when he's done wrong yet dont want to help me correct him. Its not his fault, he needs the right guidance, i just hope some of you can give me some!!

Thank you, i know this has been a long rant!
But here's a picture of Harri looking fed up in a santa hat to cheer you up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phpa3nrrKPM.jpg (47.5 KB, 20 views)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!