View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 08:34 PM   #28
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Lindsey, I am sorry that Layla is having a difficult time with a UTI. First of all, please put it out of your mind that this was something you did. I have a pup who has to be expressed and she has been battling a nasty UTI. This is very common in these pups. I express her religiously! No matter how often and how well you do it, these pups are very prone to UTIs.
With Gabby, we have tried different antibiotics and still had issues. The last C&S left us with very few options for antibiotics as the bacteria (e Coli) is very resistant. She has been on Nitrofurantoin now for two weeks ($500 eeek) ...I am praying that the new C&S that was drawn on Friday will come back negative.
If she ever comes up with a clear urine, there is a medication that they want to start her on that is supposed to help prevent UTIs. She must not have an infection when they start it. I don't know what that med is, but will let you know when I find out if you are interested.
I hope that you will find an antibiotic to help little Layla. Keeping her in my thoughts and prayers.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!