View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 10:12 AM   #1
misslissa
YT 1000 Club Member

Default help help help, adopted a new dog now i have surprise puppies.

Okay real quick back story My neighbor has a dog (a chi mix) that he keeps outside in the back yard and a dog he keeps inside. well i noticed that the one from outside getting thicker and her nipples swelling fearing she may be pregnant and knowing that the pups would not survive the cold i gave him a hundred bucks for her i had a vet appointment on tuesday cause of the holiday. so i could confirm she was pregnant and get prepared well i woke up this morning to a stuck puppy howling to get out because she tore his sack before he come.
now the first puppy is a girl(pudgy) she is loud and seems fine

the second puppy come fast(a girl)teeny and she was half the size and seemed to struggle to breath she is now moving a bit wiggling some and trying to nurse but mom does not seem interested in her and she still seems to be struggling to breath no squeak out of her yet. also one of her front feet is turned in
is there anything i can do to try and help her. i have a heating pad i used to help her warm up and after that she did a bit better.

I know how much you guys hate when people do this but i promise im trying to do the right thing the emergency vet is 30 min away and they said to wait until we thought the puppies wear all done before we tried to make the trip the said to wait and see on our tiny girl but if the is something i can do i want to try
also me and the vet are on the phone every 30 min for updates and progress reports

the third puppy(a girl) newbie is yelling and eating and seems fine
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!