View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 01:24 PM   #1
slthoeny
Yorkie Yakker

Default Adding a Pomeranian

We are thinking of adding a dog. We actually did not want to do so, but we are the dog's last option. His owner is unable to care for him. She developed serious health issues. She has not been able to find anyone else to take him. He is a Pom, and he is very sweet. He is 14 years old, and has not been nuetered. He is also not completely housetrained. I have serious reservations about gettin him. But at the same time the alternative is he is going to be put down.

My concerns are getting him potty trained. If we get him he goes to the vet to get nuetered. But I am concerned about how hard it will be to potty train a dog that old especially one that has been intact.

I am also concerned about his age. He is currently very healthy, but he is older. So this may not last.

And I was not even considering another dog. We have plenty, but........

We have the space and finances to care for him.

I also no almost nothing about Pomeranians. Anyone here know about them. What kind of pets are they? I know all dogs are individuals, but there are some traits that are common to the breed. How hard would it be for hm to adjust? How hard to train him?

I would apprecate your thoughts and ideas on the matter. What would you do? My instinct is to bring him home and deal with the problems. I do know if he comes home he stays home. That is why I am struggling with what to do. This is not a trial basis. I just saw him for a few minutes, and am already tell he will take my heart quickly.
slthoeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!