View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 06:56 PM   #9
107barney
T. Bumpkins & Co.
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorkieMomma View Post
Hello all,

Currently, Bella is using the Potty Patch from Petco. The problem we are facing is that it smells of urine no matter how many times I wash it. And, every time I wash it, bits of the 'fake grass' is falling out, so it will be sparse eventually.

I would like to try the washables by T. Bumpkins & Co, but I have some questions I would like to ask those who have tried them.

The upper layer is made of 100% cotton fabric (the same fabric that is used in our clothing, sheets, etc.) How will she know that the potty pad is good to potty on, but that the blanket we use to snuggle with on our bean bag;is NOT for potty? (it's a quilt that is 100% cotton on the outside).

Won't the potty pad smell like detergent and fabric softener, the same as the blankets, etc in the house?

Additionally, what exactly is on the bottom that keeps it from leaking through onto the carpet or hardwood underneath? It says "leakproof material" but what is it?

Lastly, if I order one, am I supposed to put a Nature's Miracle pad on top of it or underneath it or something so she knows that's her potty spot, since it's somethingnew?

She knows what a Nature's Miracle pad is for, and she knew exactly what to do with the Potty Patch as well...no coaching was necessary. She's pretty smart when it comes to knowing where to empty herself. I'm worried that will go away with something that smells like her person's clothing. And..I'm concerned that if she's encouraged to go on it, she'll start peeing on other things that are made of the same material.

Thank you for any and all information and experiences with these that you can offer.
Hello since you asked about T. Bumpkins & Co pads, I thought I'd weigh in. Some of the answers here apply to all washable pads and I see you've been given some good advice from others who use washable pee pads from other companies.

I have found that my dogs do not pee on other items in the house and I think this is because I have kept their pads in the same places for years. They know where the bathroom is. In my opinion, it is a training issue. Just as you can train a dog to potty in a section of your garden, you can also train a dog to potty in a section of the house. As for washing, ours come with specific washing instructions. We don't recommend using scented products, bleach, or fabric softener.

Washables are a great option for some people, but like any product, you have to find what works for you and your household. If you'd like to try a washable, my suggestion is to live with one for a while before making a big investment. Should you choose to go ahead and try T. Bumpkins & Co, don't forget to add the code listed in my signature for your YT member discount.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!