View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 06:56 AM   #2
celstu1
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I don't think ham is good for dogs, or pork products of any kind. It's too high in fat, which can cause pancreatitis, even only 1 time eating it. Cheese also has a higher fat content so feed with caution.
For treats, my boys love their plain raw fruits & veggies. They love baby carrots, apple slices, cucumber slices, small chunks of avocado, banana pieces, frozen peas, plain white chicken, plain white rice or mashed sweet potatoes.
They may once in a blue moon get a little bit of white bread with a touch of peanut butter, plain cooked pasta, a tiny bite of steak with the fat completely trimmed off, scrambled eggs made with water instead of milk.

95% of the days they only get their food though. I think human food makes them beg when we are eating and I don't like that habit one bit. I never feed them from my plate when I am at the table. I always walk away and feed them a bite near their food bowl.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!