View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 11:11 PM   #1
Tina21
Donating YT Addict

Default Going on vacation and can't decide what to do with Chloe

Hi Everyone!

I haven't been on in quite a while. Work has been CRAZY and family, kids and so on have kept me off the net.

So here's my concern. I have a VERY close relationship with my little Chloe. She follows me everywhere and is happiest when I am at home. My husband says that when I am out and she isn't with me she lays at the front door and looks out the window and waits. I thought she heard the car and thats why her cute little face was always in the window She sometimes wants to be carried around the house and will protest if I put her down.

She loves other people and other dogs and has no anxiety around strangers so she is well adjusted she just really enjoys being with me. She is also a creature of habit, for example every night before she gets her teeth brushed she has a treat. After treat and brush she plays for a while with me while lying in bed then she gets a drink and falls asleep curled up beside me. She has never slept anywhere but in our bed. Yes my husband thinks I am just a little obssesed with my little one but he also seems to think its sweet (thank God).

I am going on a family vacation to the Dominican and of course Chloe cant come. I am planning on asking a friend to come and dog sit. As she is living with her parents again for a while I am hoping she will welcome the thought of having the house to herself for a week and she does love Chloe. If she cant watch her I am not sure what to do. I am very very nervous about sending her to a kennel as Chloe has had a pretty pampered life and I cant stand the thought of her stuffed into a cage even at night.

I am in ontario near Toronto and I am wondering if anyone knows of any options for a pampered furbaby. It may sound really silly to some but I know I will be miserable all week if I am worrying about the care that Chloe is receiving. If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate your input. I am more than willing to save up to pay for a really good place for her to stay I just want to make sure she is safe and well cared for while I am away.

Thanks!!!

Tina
Tina21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!