Thread: Barking Problem
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 09:17 PM   #2
MikaTallulah
YT 1000 Club Member

Thank god you rescued him.

The mental trauma will have left scars far deeper than anything physical.

What do you mean by "on edge?" What is he exhibiting other than barking that makes you think he is anxious?

Roxy and Cozy will drive you nuts barking especially Roxy if she does not get a lot get physical and mental exercise daily. Lucy coos like a pigeon and Zoey is a lady of few words. Some yorkies are very talkative.

My rescue, Buddy, has severe separation anxiety and will bark and cry whenever I am out of eye sight. After 2 weeks I can go to the bathroom with the door now only 1/2 open so he can make sure I have not left. Its better than completely open with him almost on my lap. When I go to work he stay with my parents and the other dogs and will cry most of the time. Now he many need anti-anxiety meds. He walks/ hikes for 5 miles daily not including several training sessions throughout the day and he still cries when I leave the room. I will not come back into the room or pay attention to him until he quiets down.

Have you tried ignoring the behavior? Only pay attention to him and give treats only when he is quiet to recondition him. Just a thought.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!