View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 04:37 PM   #3
CrimsonLuvsLola
Senior Yorkie Talker

The cruelty is disgusting. Though one fact that has kept me from going vegetarian is the fact that humans are omnivores. We need meat AND plant matter in our diets to be healthy. There is no way around it and substitutes aren't as good as the real deal. I only buy certified free range. If I had my way, I would do the way I grew up seeing my friends family, having a small, private farm. They raise, keep healthy, and kill their own food. They also grow their own veggies and such. They feed their animals healthy food, give them lots of room and have vet visits regularly. Its unfortunate that they (HUMANELY) kill, but they only kill what the eat, and its as quick and clean as can be. To me vegetarian is against our own nature, and even animals in the wild (omnivores and carnivores) kill to eat and only kill what they eat. If humans went back to this, then the world would function much better. I know plenty wont agree with me on that, but hey, each to their own. I support any cruelty free way of life. My animals are happy, healthy and treated equally in my home. They are deeply loved. Animals should be treated equally to humans, but meat is still a necessary part of our diet. If they find an equal substitute for the proteins and enzymes we need from meat, I'll gladly go vegetarian. Also the only furs and leathers I own are inherited from my grandmother and mother, I buy synthetic. Just as fashionable without the needless deaths.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!