View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 11:14 AM   #13
salazark
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I have a story that I'm not proud to tell. My brother had a wolf hybrid years ago. It was a male wolf GSD mix. He also had a female pure GSD. He should have never had either one of them but especially the hybrid. He had to take work out of town and left them with my elderly mother. She was afraid of them so he worked out a way that she could feed them through her fence. I was the only person who would get in the fence with them. At about two or three years old the hybrid started attacking the female GSD. I asked my vet about it and he said that it was the age where the wolf would be reaching sexual maturity and he was very dangerous. I was really worried for my mother's safety. I searched for a wolf hybrid rescue and even posted on wolf hybrid forums begging for someone with experience to take this "dog". I didn't care if he was my brother's dog or not, I was scared for my brother's other dog, my mother, and anyone else in the neighborhood. I quit going in the fence with him. One weekend my brother came home. He was upset with me for telling the vet that he was a wolf hybrid because of legal issues. He took the dog to another vet and had him put down. He was a beautiful dog. I can't tell you how much it broke my heart that he did that. Later that same day I got an email from a man the had raised wolf hybrids for years and his had recently passed away and he wanted Chino. I cried for days about it. I've never completely forgiven my brother for putting my mother and myself in that situation. Wild animals or wild animal mixes should be left to those with training and experience. The average citizen should not be allowed to own them.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!