View Single Post
Old 01-14-2006, 05:37 PM   #2
girltime
Senior Yorkie Talker

That's a question which there have been many posts on. Feel free to search the forum for the word "fleas" and your sure to find some good threads.

Last year we had a flea problem and took the advice from my vet to put Rocky on Sentinel. Sentinel is an oral tablet that is used to prevent heartworm, control fleas and eliminate roundworm, hookworm and whipworm in dogs. Since it takes a little while for Sentinel to get in the blood stream I also gave Rocky 1 Capstar a day for the first week. Capstar you can purchase from your vet or it's now available on www.bullwrinkle.com with out a prescription. You can research both of these at the website provided by clicking on "Flea & Tick" or "Heartworm" links.

Capstar is expensive but it's the quick fix to get the fleas removed right away.
Sentinel to me is one stop shopping.

I have a girlfriend who has a Maltese and she swears by "Boric Acid". This is a white powder that you can buy in the grocery store. She sprinkles it on her carpet then vacuums it up. My friend learned of this from her Orkin man. One year she paid Orkin to come once a month for pest control. Then she uses a flea shampoo once every three weeks.

You will find everyone has a different flea remedy but you just got to try and see what works for you.

Best of luck,
girltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!