View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 06:25 PM   #2
McheleM
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

We use a belly band to keep Noah from marking. He is not nuetered (and before everyone goes nuts and freaks out, i am not getting him nuetered and i have my reasons) and has decided to mark the door and gate in my dining room, where they have free roam priveleges. When he goes to the pad and lifts his leg, we still praise and treat because he's doing it right, even if the belly band is catching it. I usually take his band off at night, but our three are crated (baby gate across the door of our downstairs half bath with a puppy pad, bed and water bowl) to sleep and he is really good about not marking in there.

I don't know that a band will help with the pad training per se, I would think it would confuse him because there is no consistency. He will think he can go anywhere because hes not being brought back to the pad every time. Noah was pad trained before we started using the band.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!