View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 06:10 PM   #15
gracielove
YT 3000 Club Member

I think all young puppies want to bite but some more than others. My little girl was a biter from the beginning. She would also growl at times. It seemed she was playing but I did not care for that type of play. I had to be very careful not to get her excited. You know how when people see a puppy they want it to play and run around and they try to play tug with it? Well, none of that for Gracie. She had to be kept calm and get lots of exercise. We did lots of walks to keep her energy level down. She learned the word "No" very quickly though I had to be very stern with her. Some terriers have an aggressive personality and although playful they also need to know the rules. We went though a couple of difficult months but she is a good dog now. I did find that everyone who came in the house had to know how to deal with her. She learned to respect me and know what I expected of her but she would try to be aggressive with other members of the family and visitors who had not set up boundaries for her. When one of my daughters moved back home when Gracie was about 10 months old Gracie would just go crazy when she would come in the door. She would jump and want to wrestle and chew! My daughter thought it was cute at first. It's not "cute" when you have a razor toothed little dog chewing on your fingers and jumping on you all the time and she found that out real quick.
It may seem really difficult right now but if you are patient and don't give up your little guy will learn he is not the boss and has to do what you say.
gracielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!