View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 05:46 PM   #14
PattiNumber_H
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkyweil View Post
We had a lab before Dinky. Their temperaments are nothing alike. Clyde the lab was so laid back. Dinky is not a very hyper little boy, but compared to Clyde, he would seem so. Also we remember Clyde as an adult dog, by the time he passed on he was extremely wise and mature.
Clyde did catch on fast, and Dinky has what I think is a much longer learning curve. He is smarter in some ways though than Clyde was. Dinky can use his little paws much more cleverly than Clyce could.
I do think your Yorkie will begin to learn from your Lab. Just be patient and keep training him.
Also, Yorkies are much more emotional than Labs. I think Dinky is much more upset when when scold him than Clyde ever was. He is definitely less independent than Clyde was.
Good Luck, I am sure you will all adjust to each other!
Emotional!!! Excellent description. Charlie our lab, has always taken direction like a true follower, eager to please. Bubba it seems, could care less if you are happy with him or not. Like I mentioned earlier, I do need to praise Bubba a lot more, tons more in fact. I do recall Charlie as a pup, and although it was equally time consuming, he seemed, like you said, more dependent on what we wanted. Where Bubba is just happy to do his own thing, in fact a bit hesitant to play the treat games, where Charlie would try like crazy to figure out what it was we wanted, he was so cute, if all else failed, he would just sit next to you and try to put his nose into your leg, as to say, "I sowwry mom". Such a sweet, sweet dog.

I already love Bubba, and today was a great day for us, lots of exercise, lots of love, lots of treats, one bite only, but no accidents. Posting here, and reading all the advice really makes me try harder.

Thanks again everyone
PattiNumber_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!