View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 02:24 PM   #1
withchoco
Yorkie Yakker

Default Anyone used belly band for pad training?

I am in the middle of pee wee pad training my 16-week old Yorkie.
It's our 4th day, and he still makes mistake 50-60% of the time if I let him find his spot on his own.

We live in an apartment building with a thin wall, and our neighbor is very sensitive about the noise. So we haven't fully crated him, but confined him to an exercise pen area. I'm spending most of the time with him, so I've been keeping my eagle eye on him for the most time.

When he does his biz on the pad, we praise and give him a small portion of his favorite treat. Now he knows when he has done it well, so he gets super excited to show off and get his praise / treats. However, when I turn my back for few seconds, he could easily make a mistake on another spot. He seems to be getting what's right and wrong much better compared to his 1st day of training, but I think he's still very confused.

Since our place is fully carpeted, I really don't want to miss any spot and I have been cleaning immediately after mistake. Keeping an eye on a little puppy for all day long with little sleep is more tiring than I thought, so I was wondering if anyone uses belly band as a diaper. This way, both of us can have more freedom without worrying about wetting the carpet, at least when I go take a shower or sleep (although he's never peed on my bed, I have to sleep light to make sure that he can get to his pad whenever needed).

Are there any concerns to using the belly band while pad training?
I'm thinking of putting the belly band during his free time, and when it's time to go pee (keeping to the 7-day potty training schedule), I will take the band off and take him to the pad.
withchoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!