View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 07:27 AM   #13
MorkieMomma
Inactive Account

Hi,

Well, we're back already, and as I suspected it's nothing, lol. He chuckled at me again, but said the same thing he always says, that there is NO ROOM for error with tiny dogs, and he wants us to bring them in whenever we have the slightest doubt.

He did say that he doesn't think it is Orijen in and of itself, but rather the stopping of the Nutro. Our Brussels is looking healthy as ever, and the vet was quite impressed at the change in his facial fur

Since Orijen is high in protein he does want to do the liver enzyme testing 2 weeks from today. It will be a month earlier than the regularly scheduled appointment but he wants to make sure it doesn't have any ill effects. He also said that he wants us to keep feeding the Orijen puppy to both of them.

He said what a lot of people aren't aware of is the fact that a lot of canine allergies aren't due to certain ingredients or foods, but the combination of ingredients or foods or both, which makes allergy testing far less accurate or dependable than a lot of vets let on. He made an analogy how humans may not be allergic to bananas, or apples, or strawberries, but could be allergic to a banana-apple-strawberry puree, because when things are combined, it changes the elements, etc. He said the same happens in dogs, only it's more difficult to distinguish exactly what combination they're allergic to, and hence why our Brussels was showing that he was NOT allergic to anything, when in fact the vet suspects he had an allergy to a combination, and that particular combination isn't in Orijen, hence why his facial fur is clear and clearing of stains, and why his tears are running clear now instead of slimey with boogers.

Interesting...

In any case, he said Brussels looks healthy as ever and everything looks great.

He wouldn't give Bella the last of her shots because he said it's very important (to him) that she be a bit heavier first. That and she is not of age yet for the last one. She weighed 1.14 lbs last week and today she was exactly 2 lbs, 1 ounce. Yay, Bella, good girl.

[Edit] Bella's asleep (Again)! :grumble grumble: lol I asked him briefly about that while we were there and he said she's actually still not sleeping as much as she should be, and that I shouldn't pet and play with her fur when she's in rest mode; it disturbs her. I'm trying my best!! He said due to her size and breeds, she should be sleeping 12 to 13 hours out of a 24 hour period. She sleeps about 10, and I thought that was a lot!

Last edited by MorkieMomma; 12-21-2011 at 07:30 AM.
MorkieMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!