View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 09:15 PM   #1
TeddyGrahams
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Merry Christmas, mom!

Teddy got a new tag! A nice slide on tag for his collar because he would chew the hang tag.

A few hours later the tag disappeared. It was attached by velcro, i've since emailed the company about that crappy velcro! Anyway Teddy then started retching but didn't produce anything, however, he woke me up around 3AM to go outside. He then squatted and had faucet butt (jet stream esque diarrhea, sorry for the visual!) Afterwards he was coughing and lethargic.

Took teddy to the emergency clinic (thinking he ate the tag) he had x-rays, and parasite/bacteria tests. NOTHING. Vet concludes with "sometimes puppies just get diarrhea, they tend to eat everything. looks like he just ate something that didn't agree with him"

couple hundred dollars later (he's insured but we still gotta pay up front) Teddy and I are up the walkway to our townhouse when lo and behold his tag is right there in the grass.

Teddy is now on a bland diet (boiled chicken with rice) and a little canned pumpkin to re-firm his stool. But today he can only have broth and pedialyte to clean is system out. I made him his "soup" and he looked at me like "uh..wheres the meats?" He keeps following me like he' expecting me to give him some more substantial food. I feel kind of bad denying him the food, but tomorrow he can eat chicken and rice. I already cooked it for him.

He's running around the house like a mad man at the moment.

Life just loves to throw curve balls so close to christmas...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!