Thread: Singleton Birth
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 12:08 PM   #1
mommytoSadie
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Singleton Birth

Hi everyone!

I posted a little while ago about having my first litter and needing advice about traveling.

I also wanted to post and see if anyone else out there has been in a situation where only one pup was born?

In my other post, I explained that this is my and Sadie's first litter. We were told, after xrays, that she wasn't pregnant and this past Thursday at 58 days pregnant, she went into labor and to our surprised delivered a little boy! Both mom and pup have been checked out by vet and are both happy, healthy and thriving.

I wanted to see if anyone else has been through where there was only one pup and if so, if you have any advice, suggestions, and/or concerns that I should be looking out for?

This is our first litter, so I'm a nervous wreck to begin with. :-) Since I found this forum, I thought I might reach out and hopefully calm my nerves a little bit. I'm keeping a close eye on body temperature and the temperature of the whelping box. He seems to be quite content and has a nice well rounded tummy. :-)

I just wanted to see if there was anything that I should be paying close attention to with him being the only pup!

Thanks so much!
mommytoSadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!