View Single Post
Old 01-14-2006, 12:48 PM   #8
SnowWa
YT 2000 Club Member

My little 8-week old Yorkie met my 21-pound Bichon and has driven him crazy every since. His favorite thing to do is latch on to one of the Bichon's ears and stay there as long as he can -- with the Bichon dragging him around the house.

He also eats all the Bichon's food. He eats the Bichon's first and then goes back to eat his own.

My Yorkie is not aggressive at all -- he just drives the other dog crazy playing with him all the time. My Bichon does play back with him for a couple hours every day (mostly in the evenings). They run all over and play very heartily. But who wants to play 24 hours a day. I can hear my Bichon sigh and say, "Thank God" when Yorkie boy settles down for a nap.

My Bichon is sweet and shy and has deferred to the Yorkie every since the first day the Yorkie was here. I can honestly say that they have become fast friends -- but who can keep up with the energy of a pup!

These little terriers certainly "rule the roost." They are tough, playful, strong-willed little guys.

Carol Jean

PS - It's interesting that so many people are afraid to put them with a larger dog when it's really the larger dog that we often need to worry about and feel sorry for.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!