Thread: Snappy yorkie
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 08:12 AM   #1
kloee
Yorkie Talker

Default Snappy yorkie

My yorkie Keira is a sweet as can be.. but if she is lying in my lap and i touch her back foot or a hair near her rear or if my leg, foot or hand is under her and i move it she jumps up growling and tries to grab my hand.. usually she doesn't really bite just snapping.. i guess to try to scare? but every once in awhile she will bite and i was wondering if anyone has any advice for how to break her from this. i have tried scolding her when she does it but she just seems to get madder when i do that! she never did this when she was younger.. she is almost 10 months old and i didn't notice her doing this until maybe 2 months or so ago? i had her spayed in october and i don't remember her doing it before and if she did it definitely wasn't this bad. sometimes when we are lying on the couch she will jump up growling several times.. i don't know how she gets any sleep.. and the weird thing is she doesn't do this in bed.. only on the couch? sometimes after she jumps up she will move and then just get right back in the same spot. i tried to just touch her back legs and condition her into being used to me touching them but if she isn't lying asleep she doesn't react the same. the only other time that she acts like this is when i cam combing or brushing her and i snag a piece of hair.. she will try to bite the comb.
any advice would be greatly appreciated!
thanks!

i am new to yorkietalk and accidentally posted this under the wrong topic.. how do i get that thread deleted?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!