View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 05:12 PM   #1
southernbelle04
Katie Scarlett's Mommy
Donating Member

Question A little worried...

Hey guys! Well I am a bit worried about Katie Scarlett. Being a new(er) Yorkie mommy, I think I worry about every little thing. But I can't help it. I just don't want to overlook anything and it turn out to be more serious, ya know?

Anyways...a bit of history. Katie Scarlett is 5 months. She has been with us for a little over 2 months. She was doing fabulous, and I do mean fabulous with her potty training. She hadn't had an accident in weeks and we even felt like we could let her roam around the house with us for small periods at a time and not worry about her pottying. She was doing good going to the nearest potty pad when we were around the house. Well a few days ago, the accidents started. I thought it might be a fluke thing, but it is getting worse. She had 2 accidents yesterday and 3 so far today, all pee pee accidents. Always on the carpet and in a different place. Sometimes they are near her pad and sometimes not. Aside from the accidents she has been acting normal. She is playing, eating, drinking. Normal sleeping patterns. Just like her old self with the exception of the pottying. I have been telling her a firm 'no' when she goes on the carpet and letting her know that is not where we potty. I really do think she knows when she has went in the wrong spot and I am telling her how she did not do right. She will even put herself in 'time out' for a few minutes I've noticed the past day or so after I get onto her.

And today during our morning grooming, I was looking at her woo woo (that's what we call it...LOL) (or her girly parts) and just checking everything out. My husband calls me weird, but I have to keep an eye on all of her, even the private parts. I mean, you never know when something might be up in those areas. She has a grooming tomorrow and the hair on her woo woo is getting longer, but I wipe her after each visit to the potty pad with a wipe so she stays clean and smelling good in between baths. I use the PetHead wipes. Well today during my looky looks I noticed that she has some brown spots, almost like little flecks, around her woo woo. The are kind of in the crease of where her woo woo meets her stomach. I can try to take a picture, but I am not sure if she would sit still long enough. What could these little brown spots be? I am not familiar with any infections dogs might have down there. We do have a vet appointment on Thursday. She is getting her last vaccination. Our vet spread out her vaccinations due to her size. This will be for her Lyme vaccination. I am going to talk to him about it. We also are going to be setting up the appointment for her spay, which should take place after Christmas...probably 2nd week or 3rd week of January. She will be 6 months on the 10th of January.

Any advice or help? Should I call the vet tomorrow to see if we should come in early? I haven't really tried to 'wipe' off the brown spots since they were in the crease. I didn't want to irritate her any further or anything. She hasn't been licking or anything down there. I'm just at a loss. I don't mind cleaning up her accidents, but do want to get her back on the right track when it comes to pottying. But I am still worried about these spots.

Thank you guys for any input you can give.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!