View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 04:05 PM   #1
ChewiesMommy
Yorkie Talker

Unhappy Chewie's reaction to last set of vaccinations.

Today my little one had his last set of vaccinations, his 2nd booster and Lepto. He was fine for about an hour or two after the shots, with the exception of car sickness, which is another obstacle we are trying to overcome. He took a nap, which was expected, as he has gotten tired after his other sets- but when he woke up he was extremely sore and would shriek if he was held or touched around his injection spots. After a while, he would barely walk- not even tempted to walk to his favorite treat. We called the clinic that he has had all of his shots done at and drove him back, where he got carsick again, and the vet gave him a shot of cortisone. He seems to be feeling a teeny bit better now, but he got sick for a third time on the way home. Today has been a nightmare! I hate seeing my baby feel like this. I've seen other threads about extreme pain after vaccinations..but has anyone had any luck with the cortisone/steroid helping afterwards? Luckily this is his last set and we won't have to think about this again for another year.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!