View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 06:24 AM   #1
HunterTheBiewer
Yorkie Yakker

Default new Yorkie owner to 7 month old and have potty training question

Hey all!!! We are the new proud owners to a 7 month old Biewer yorkie puppy and he is such a perfect little dog, no behavioral issues to speak of EXCEPT....

he was left intact and marks....which is fine, except he's doing it in the house!

i know the first step is to get him neutered and though that probably won't fix the problem, it might help......i'll be getting that done in about 2 weeks

in the meantime i would like to start working on his crate and potty training...the woman i got him from said he is doggie door trained but we don't have a fenced in yard so that is not an option for us....so i need to get him to the point he will hold it in the house until taken outside to potty....what is the best way to do this???

just start over as if he's a puppy and do the crate and constant supervision so that he knows doing his deed indoors is not acceptable? which really isn't all that stressful because he's mostly a lapdog and he follows mea round constantly....

and keep him crated at night and while we're gone? i want to eventually teach him how to do the bell thing too where he can learn to ring the bell if he needs to go outside....how do i do all these things simultaneously or is it better to work on one thing at a time lol

right now i've got him in a belly band (because i don't want my older male dog marking) and he's gotten better about not marking over the last day or so due to my constant "ahhh!! no!!" to his sniffing around LOL, but he still will do it if he knows i'm not looking.....is it possible that he will have to forever use his belly band in the house or do yall think i can get this behavior fixed?
HunterTheBiewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!