View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 01:46 AM   #37
bWY39
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

There are a lot of good people on this forum which is the reason for me being here.
All the advice given has been taken on board. After all, I asked so it would be stupid of me to ignore all the good sound advice offered.

I agree with all of you it is going to be a long haul with this little chap but we have the stamina to go the distance as we love him so much.

To bring interested members up to speed here is the current situation.

Robby (the shy boy) will run to us when we return home and he will put his front paws up on our leg bouncing with excitement.

He will allow a hand "body scrub" from Joan but not from me.

He will ask to get up on the settee (sofa) and after some coaxing will allow us to lift him up on the settee where he will play for some time with the other pups.

Just occasionally he has fallen to sleep on Joan's knee for about 15 minutes.

I can see he is now starting to bond with Joan which I am delighted about but he still will not take a treat from the hand of either of us we have to throw it to him.

He will go off on his own for hours on end and sleep in his crate alone.

He has developed a "food possessive" problem and will fight off the other three if they approach his food.
He has even kicked the butt of the eldest one (female) who now plays with him so much.

All in all, he is still one happy little man who likes doing his own thing and will play for hours on his own with his soft toys or play his favourite wrestling game with the others.

Try picking him up and you get a wriggling mass of skin and bone which is impossible to hold.

You are all correct in saying it is going to be a long haul job but we will stay with him all the way.,

Thank you to all who have/are showing interest and trying to help me sort this little renegade out.

bWY39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!