View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 11:15 PM   #9
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

I am feeding Ideal Balance to my pups with no issues; and have been since Hill's pulled Nature's Best. I was previously feeding Castor & Pollux and while perhaps I may never have had an issue I became uncomfortable when I opened a bag one day and the wrong food was in there. I called them and the woman insisted that they had changed the size of the kibble and said that was the problem. I told her that there was more to it than the size...she just kept saying it had changed and I believed her. That was when they changed their packaging and she said that they changed both packaging and size of kibble...SO when I got the new packaging I expected it to look the same and it did not. I knew then that the wrong food had definitely been put in there. It was the lower calorie food I am think...as I had fed that to a couple in the past. This made me very uneasy, so I wrote to them and asked questions about the team of experts" they refer to on their website...never got a response. Remembering how many people lost pups during those awful recalls I started to think what IF one day I woke up and had emails about a new recall. "While this company could be good...how would I know that if they cannot answer questions? So...I spoke with my vet about a good food that would fit most of my pups; needs and she suggested I contact the vet nutritionist at A&M. I did that and he did not advise me on a particular food but encouraged me to look at companies that do the feeding trials. So....that was my first measurement in looking for a food...second was the ingredients. Sadly that was Natures Best and that was short lived since they pulled it. They are on Ideal Balance and are doing fine. I simply feel it is the safest option for them...and I do believe it is a healthy option as well.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!