View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 12:10 PM   #15
KazzyK810
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn27 View Post
Try to get her to weigh all of the pro's and con's of taking on this dog without a care of where it came from. Research the breed, let her know what you have found and let her make her own educated choice.
"Research the breed" Great advice!

I had a friend (who lives out in the country where dogs are commonly dumped )find a skin & bones beagle on her street last year right before Christmas, and after having no luck finding its owners and getting it into good health she was looking for a home for it. At the time I was waiting to get ZoE and my friend couldn't understand why I would "pay good money" for a dog, when I could have that one for free.

Most beagles howl and all beagles shed hair. Those two factors tell me its a breed that doesn't belong in my home!

Too many times people take on a new puppy, especially a free one, because they see an adorable cute lil puppy face, but they don't do their homework and research the breed and find a dog that best suits them. I think this is in part why so many dogs end up at shelters...they don't turn out to be what the owner expected...even though that dog may turn out exactly as that dog is supposed to be.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!