View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 04:02 AM   #12
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

I agree with most of the above. Banfield isn't the place for my pups. I do think some great vets work for them and I don't think the business itself makes it so no great vets work there. IMO though, people like the looks of the plan and purchase it instead of looking for a vet that is a good fit for their pups and that's concerning. Even if we're just talking about the first year of life, there will still be surgery going on (what's their surgery protocol - at least one location was still using euthasol as of a few years ago, they may be unwilling to do any dentistry while spaying/neuter - their anesthesiology book says it's not a good idea, etc.). I would not like the idea of being able to jump locations. When I'm out of town, I choose a vet based on reviews online and hopefully their website (which is still a bad way of doing it, but the best I have at the time). I would not choose one just because my plan covered it. And if your pup has any issues beyond routine ones, I've heard they can be relaly expensive.

We don't do spay/neuter clinics either. I've volunteered at a like this (and will continue to do so) and have realized this isn't the kind of place I want my pups having surgery.Shelter medicine style facilities have their place, but for my pups their vet does their surgeries.It's all in developing a patient/client/vet relationship and knowing you can trust them. My vet manages 100% of all of my dogs' care unless she refers out because IMO it is best for the dogs.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!