View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 04:17 PM   #8
deonk1
YT 1000 Club Member

Well the good news is, I've yelled at her a few times, (sadly that's how we converse sometimes) and she just told me that it wasn't fun anymore, cause apparently this was supposed to be a fun thing for her and my step dad to do. So maybe we've slowed her down.

She also just talked with her best friend who just lost two siamese cats that were terminally ill due to being from a kitty mill (they were gifts and she didn't know it was a bad breeder and has since gotten a new breeder) and she reinforced that chance of illness if this breeder doesn't check out.

I'm going to try and educate her, I hope it works, I also hope the vet quotes her a really big price for the neuter and needles, that may deter her, they really can't afford this right now.

My other big fear, is lets say she gets the dog, accepts the risks if it is a back yard breeder, but then he gets sick. She has two very ill old horses in our barn that she refuses to put down (I know it's crude sounding, but I came to peace 4 years ago that the two of them didn't have a great quality of life and I wanted to call the vet, but she wouldn't let me, I love those horses, but know when to draw the line as a responsible pet owner) I would hate to see her do the same thing to a dog, if it did have serious problems.

I hope this blows over, or at least that the breeder checks out, but there have already been a lot of red flags. I also worry that mom wouldn't give it a good home, her house is not one for dogs, it's a show house, it's just not safe.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!