Thread: Breeding
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 12:43 PM   #48
mimimomo
Don't Litter Spay&Neuter
Donating Member

One very important thing people need to know, is that Yorkshire Terriers & English Bull Dogs would not be here if it wasn't for human beings. These particular breeds DO NOT have 'natural' births, they NEED human assistance. If a Yorkie does have a natural birth, there are chances of many complications that can occur w/the puppy & mom. The 'breeder' needs to educate herself & prepare for the what if's, emergency c-sections, tube feeding, etc, etc, the list goes on.
I too get a heavy heart when newbies come on here asking for advice, but will it ever end? Yorkies are such a popular breed & so many inexperienced people want to breed them...it's very unfortunate. If they didn't do their homework & comes on here asking for advice, I would think they should be prepared to take the lashings...hopefully swallow their pride & learn so their bitch & pups can survive.

I hope the OP will stick around to learn as much as you can, have a safe whelp & get your girl spayed....that is unless you want to be a breeder. Then I hope you'll learn as much as you can to be a respected one, all the best of luck to you.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!