Thread: Induction??
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 12:07 PM   #12
elizabethabrb
Yorkie Yakker

Animal Smiley 036 Answer to your questions.

[QUOTE=bellemarie;3758878]induction does sound ridiculously unnecessary- and it was your vet who suggested it with no medical; need?
i take it whoever will be watching them while you work has less whelping experience than yourself?
id say taking her with you until she whelps, or leaving her at the vets (or mentors? was this an accidental litter of deliberate?) just in case would probably be the safest bets!

one of my girls never showed signs, and her waters broke less than 1/2 a second before the 1st pup- and we never were able to notice her plug either because she cleaned soo much! so the only way to know when shes gonna go is following 24/7... its ok, you can catch up on all the sleep in only 3 short months! Yes it was the vet because she knew that I was having some issues at work and I had planned on taking a week off around her due date so I would be there. Yes I have a breeding Mentor but we also work together so he will not be able to be there. ( my boss changed her mind and has decided to not let me take my PTO time off around the holiday season even though when I was getting ready to breed her she was ok with it. Yes I should have got it in writing but I guess I learn the hard way this time. My sister has some whelping experience but not enough for my taste. Plus she has medical problems and wouldn't be able to drive to my house if need be. I have 3 boys and I have set it up with there grandma that when she goes into labor they can stay all night there so it will be calm here. Since they can be very loud Also I sent Oliver (dad) of the pups to stay with my Ex husband for a couple of weeks so not to bother the mom to be. She already follows me everywhere she has since the beginning of the pregnancy so she will have no problem coming with mom she loves it. Thanks thought the details might clear up any questions you had thanks for the advice I welcome it all
elizabethabrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!