Thread: Induction??
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 10:37 AM   #6
smartpuppiepets
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabethabrb View Post
Hi there I have a 1 and 1/2 year old male Yorkie who weighs 3 lbs( he is the daddy) and a 2 year old Silky Terrier who weighed 8 pounds before pregnancy and who is 59 days pregnant. She has done very well through the entire pregnancy. We have had 2 ultrasounds done and so far we think there are 3 little fur babies coming. She will go for her x-ray tomorrow at 11:15. My question due to some unforeseen circumstances I will be working a lot these next 2 weeks and only have today and tomorrow off. When I called the vet to confirm her appointment in the morning we were talking and she suggested we induce her so that way I can be there. The down fall is she said that it carries a higher chance that she may need a c- section. I am a dog groomer so if worse comes to worse i could take her with me to work then leave early if I she goes into labor. I just really don't feel like induction seems wise. I was wondering if anyone has ever run into a problem like this and what was your decision. Also her temp dipped to 98.42 today and has had a light clear slimy discharge for the last 2 days but besides that she isn't showing any other signs of labor coming on. No nesting, panting, shaking etc.....
Well, it seems like you have a better plan than the vet proposal. If I was in a situation that i really could not wait ( I mean REALLY could not) i would go straight to a planned c-section instead of induction. Too many reasons. But anyways one would need to be near for the after care of a surgery .
Also, think that a female in labor needs her peace and quiet, otherwise she may delay labor, hold in the puppies and need a C-section anyway, you say you can take her with you, but are you planning on having her on a safe, quiet place without any disturbances? When i have a whelping mom i do not even allow visitors... not worthy ... i keep it quiet as my girls like it.
Good luck in your delivery ! Hoping all goes very smooth !
XOXO
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!