Thread: Induction??
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 12:35 PM   #1
elizabethabrb
Yorkie Yakker

Animal Smiley 019 Induction??

Hi there I have a 1 and 1/2 year old male Yorkie who weighs 3 lbs( he is the daddy) and a 2 year old Silky Terrier who weighed 8 pounds before pregnancy and who is 59 days pregnant. She has done very well through the entire pregnancy. We have had 2 ultrasounds done and so far we think there are 3 little fur babies coming. She will go for her x-ray tomorrow at 11:15. My question due to some unforeseen circumstances I will be working a lot these next 2 weeks and only have today and tomorrow off. When I called the vet to confirm her appointment in the morning we were talking and she suggested we induce her so that way I can be there. The down fall is she said that it carries a higher chance that she may need a c- section. I am a dog groomer so if worse comes to worse i could take her with me to work then leave early if I she goes into labor. I just really don't feel like induction seems wise. I was wondering if anyone has ever run into a problem like this and what was your decision. Also her temp dipped to 98.42 today and has had a light clear slimy discharge for the last 2 days but besides that she isn't showing any other signs of labor coming on. No nesting, panting, shaking ect.....
elizabethabrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!