View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 11:38 AM   #4
pandaleigh
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Ok, So that was way more than a few things.. but I want to add:

You have a puppy.. she might be shy/sweet/ whatever but she's still a puppy, she's gotta find a way to channel all of her energy. My dog will sit in my lap for a while, but I know when she starts getting hungry for some exercise or play time, and I try to use her cues to make sure I keep her exercised.

My dog's 3 years old.. so she's a bit calmer than a puppy, but Yorkies are definitely not stuffed animals.. they are full of energy and they need you to help them learn to channel it.

You'll have a lot more luck with her wanting to nap/sit still/etc if you encourage her to release her energy and use her mind pretty often.

Another suggestion I have is to keep her chew toys in a box/chest/bag.. whatever.. somewhere out of reach/sight of your pup. When you give her one, let her have it for a few hours and take it away. This way, she won't get bored of them. They're like children, if it's out of sight, it's out of mind.. and when you give them a toy they haven't seen in a little while, their interest peaks
pandaleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!