View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 10:55 AM   #2
Roccosmommy
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Too funny! Welcome to the world of Yorkies that rule your life!! I think Princess "sassypants" is displaying typical behavior for a yorkie pup. I'm certainly no expert, but here's my opinion, based on your numbered questions:

1. Forget the coat for now - she will be fine until it's freezing or snowing.

2. I personally have not ever heard of potty training with a diaper. Take the diaper off, and instead of waiting for her to pee in the house then correcting, be vigilant and take her out every 1/2 - 1 hour, and also 15 minutes after she eats or drinks. When she potties outside praise her to no end. When she has an accident in the house you can tell her "NO", only IF you catch her in the act. Then pick her up and move her outside. You don't catch her in the act, you can't scold her - consider it a missed opportunity. Whatever you do, only use positive reinforcement or potty training will be a nightmare.

3. No more collapsible playpens. Perhaps a wire x-pen?

4. LOL! She now knows the bottle does nothing to her for bad behavior, so she just yells at it to shut it up. Depending on the 'bad' behavior, punish her according to the crime. Eg., nipping is a firm "NO" then turn your back to her until she stops.

Your sweet little sassy girl sounds like she is full of personality. Enjoy her, but take a firm upper hand before she doesn't know how to turn off the sass. Meanwhile, she is just a baby, so with patience and time, this too shall pass. Good luck with her. Would love to see pics!

Last edited by Roccosmommy; 12-13-2011 at 10:56 AM.
Roccosmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!